All Stephen Ministers and Leaders are welcome. Please RSVP with attendee and tour numbers to Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25th.
- 8:30-9:00 Breakfast and Registration
- 9:00-9:15 Welcome, Ron Bostick
- 9:15-9:25 Welcome to Transitions, Robert Simpson, Board Member and Stephen Minister
- 9:25-9:40 Devotional, Rich Gwaltney, Community Engagement Representative
- 9:45-10:45 Speaker, Mark Philbrick, Dir of Education & Volunteer Services
- 10:45-11:00 Break
- 11:00-11:45 Tools and Resources for Stephen Ministers and Q&A, Rich Gwaltney, Community Engagement Representative
- 11:45 Closing Prayer
- 12:00 Tours Available - optional
Here is a little about our speaker: Mark S. Philbrick, RN, MSN
Mark has 40 years of healthcare experience. He completed Associate, Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Nursing as well as certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. He also attended the Executive MBA program at Dukes Fuqua School of Business. His career spans clinical, academic and administrative duties in a wide variety of settings.
His career took a radical turn toward providing hospice care when both his father and older brother were stricken and died from terminal cancer in 2004. Mark has served as Director of Duke Hospice, Vice President of Clinical Operations for Hospice of Wake County, and currently serves as Director of Education and Volunteer Services at Transitions LifeCare in Raleigh, NC.
Mark has served as President of the Triangle Chapter of the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association and on the Board of Directors of the Carolinas Center for Hospice and End of Life Care.
On a personal level Mark loves travel and has done short term medical mission trips to Central and South American as well as Africa. He has been married for 34 years to Karen, a fellow nurse practitioner and UNC Alum and has 3 grown children (Ben, Nick and Alexandra) who want nothing to do with either providing healthcare or receiving it.
Don't forget to check the HEROES Care database for new military care receivers who have recently registered for care.
Contact Rev. Dunman
H.E.R.O.E.S. Care Program Manager
- Please update the web site with your training classes. We often get requests from individuals interested in attending training when classes are not offered by their congregation.
- Please insure that your Stephen Leader contact information on the list of Network Churches is current and that the number of Stephen Leaders and Stephen Ministers at your congregation is current.
- Donations are welcome in order to support the TASMN Web Site services and scheduled TASMN events.
Click here for information about how to make a donation. Perhaps adding TASMN to next year's Stephen Ministry budget would be appropriate.
Blessings to each of your Ministries,
Your TASMN Coordinators,