Fall 2016 Training
Saturday, October 29th 2016
at Transitions LifeCare (250 Hospice Circle, Raleigh 27607)
8:30 am - Noon
You are invited to a free screening and discussion of the PBS program BEING MORTAL covering the best-selling book of the same name written by Atul Gawande.
Dr Gawande, a practicing surgeon, has fearlessly revealed the struggles of his profession. Now he examines its ultimate limitations and failures in his own practices as well as others as life draws to a close. And he discovers how we can do better. He follows a hospice nurse on her rounds, a geriatrician in his clinic, and reformers turning nursing homes upside down. He finds people who show us how to have the hard conversations and how to ensure we never sacrifice what people really care about. Riveting, honest, and humane, Being Mortal shows that the ultimate goal is not a good death but a good life all the way to the very end.
- 8:30 am Arrival and Refreshments
- 9:00 am Welcome and Devotion
- 9:15 am Showing of the film BEING MORTAL
- 10:15 am Break
- 10:30 am BEING MORTAL discussion
- 11:30 am Closing Prayer
RSVP your attendance to Judy at email@example.com by Monday OCTOBER 24th
- Please update the web site with your training classes. We often get requests from individuals interested in attending training when classes are not offered by their congregation.
- Please ensure that your Stephen Leader contact information on the list of Network Churches is current and that the number of Stephen Leaders and Stephen Ministers at your congregation is current.
- Donations are welcome in order to support the TASMN Web Site services and scheduled TASMN events.
Click here for information about how to make a donation. Perhaps adding TASMN to next year's Stephen Ministry budget would be appropriate.
Blessings to each of your Ministries,
Your TASMN Coordinators,